Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was always special for me, because I had a man in my life who loved me dearly and always showed it. Every Feb. 14th I would wake up to find a poem on the pillow next to me, or chocolates placed on my desk, and always a red rose at my place at the breakfast table. One wonderful year there was a heart-shaped diamond necklace waiting for me. We had received a brochure in the mail and a few days earlier my mom and I had been going through it and talking about how ugly all of the jewelry was - except for that sole necklace which I had mentioned was really pretty. They're the only diamonds I have ever owned.

This e-mail is from our first Valentine's apart (when I had gone away to residence), and our last Valentine's before he took his life.


February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day Tee!

I could never fully express how much I love you and how wonderful it is to see you growing into the beautiful young woman that you have become.

When I first saw and held you that wonderful day now almost 19 years ago, a big chunk of my heart became yours for always.

Mommy said it from that first moment that you were very special and would be a force to reckon with. Seeing you with your friends, on your travels, the pictures from the recent dance it is obvious that you are the light in the room and your very presence is a gift to those around you.

On this day of love's expression and for all days, no father could love you more.

Daddy

0 comments:

Post a Comment